Another puncture !!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
February 13th 2016
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

Not a good start to the day as en-route to Phon Thong market we get a puncture before we have even left the village. I push the bike to the garage but as we approach I can see that they are closed which isnt good news. Then, fortunately, Porn comes around the side of his garage and is on his way into Phon Thong himself but agrees to fix my puncture first. I have now had three punctures and three new tubes so far this year and each one has occured within about 100 yards of a garage. Each time I have had Jai on the back of the bike as well so must be something to do with all that weight !!!
Make our way, carefully, into Phon Thong for shopping. Jai's daughter, Jiap, has been trying to send her some money by transferring to her bank account but it never seems to work. This morning she is sending cash through the Post Office so we sit in the car park outside and wait for the money to arrive before biking back to Khamnadie.
Drop off shopping at the house then I take Jai back to Wan's as today a group of them are going to see a 'special'(?) monk in a nearby village Ban Rat.
I return to the house and watch a couple of films on TV in front of the fan.
It is a scorcher today and perhaps this is the first signs that the cold season is over and the hot season arriving - I'm afraid that there is little in between the two, it is either cold or hot here rarely just comfortable.
Jai returns about 17:00 just as I am eating. Afraid that I couldnt go to the farm again today as my strimmer is locked in the rice house and Jai has the only key ... what a shame again !

Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb