Happy Birthday King


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
December 5th 2015
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

Happy Birthday King.
The world's longest reigning monarch ahead of Liz by about 6 years. Thai news reported this morning that he had received a message from Liz with birthday greetings but bet she wants him gone so that she can catch up and pass his years in office !! Seems like a nice guy and has done his best to help his people. Didnt send him a card this year as he never sends me one and doesnt invite us to his parties either.
To say thanks for the new season rice Jai gives food to the passing monks this morning.
Farmwork is finished, ts Saturday, so it must be into Phon Thong for the market this morning.
First stop is the internet where I reserve our Vientiane hotel.
See Goucs beat Sale 23v19 Friday night but still cant watch any of the games.
Shopping finished and we are leaving town when about 10 drops of rain fall on us.
Back in the village I go and borrow George's step ladder then start to trim the longan tee tat grows right outside our back door. It is making the kitchen dark and with the winds just starting is dragging against the roof of the house too much.
Jai is baking a pineapple upside down cake for our pudding ther next few days along with Angel Delight which we have both taken a liking to.
Tonight every channel on our satellite system is covering the KIngs birthday celebrations around the country. Shame both him and his Queen are too sick to attend again this year.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb