Fin visits again ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
October 29th 2015
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

We are disturbed from our early morning cup of tea at 06:25 by a knock at the door and find that Fin is being dropped off for the morning. Dont mind here coming but wish they could give us a bit of notice. They obviously knew lat night that they would be going somewhere this morning but couldnt be bothered. Typical of round here, everything is 'now'. Even the Thai language only has a present tense. The future takes care of itself so why bother thinking about it.
Fin brekfasts with us then by 07:00 is stretched out on the settee in front of the TV for the duration ... Wouldnt be much point in the teachers here asking the kids to write a story about what they did during the holidays as the whole exercise would only take 5mins !
I decide to bike into Phon Thong to have another go at watching the rugby but once again no joy.
Do discover that nephew Christopher and wife Kim now have another son; welcome Isaac. Just before I leave the internet I try the rugby one more time and all appears to be in order. Despite losing by a couple of points I actually believe Gloucs played better this week then when they won last. Not another season of losing by the odd point every game though, I hope ...
Back t Khamnadie and it doesn't appear as though Fin has moved since I've been gone. Another few generations and evolution will have taken away legs from people around here as unneccesary items ...
Early afternoon I replace the first fence post nin the back garden.
Late afternoon out to the farm. These guys really have a knack of making me angry; either accidentally or on purpose, I am never really sure which ! Jai brother Sai, his wife the sloth, and their cronies have been cutting cassava ready for planting on their farm. Their field is about 400m from Jai's land so where do they cut the cassava ... underneath my palm trees where I have just cleared and burnt last years left over cassava !! They will be warned but if it is still there tomorrow night it will be burnt as well ...


Advertisement



Tot: 0.647s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb