Do some work at the farm


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
October 11th 2015
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

We had planned to make a start clearing the grass from around the palm trees this morning but is has rained heavily all night and everything is just too wet ... what a shame ! Perhaps later.
George and Wan come with some dyed grass for Jai and she is now set up with plenty to do. Wan is off on holiday tonight with daughter Maria leaving George 'home alone'.
No rain all day today so by mid afternoon we decide to give the farm a start. It must have been seriously heavy rain last night as the road out to the farm has been washed away in places and there are deep channels across some of the fields that must have been running like small rivers through the storm. I had warned Jai that by clearing the trees they would have disrupted the drainage at the farm and sure enough one of the new ponds was full to overflowing and had nearly broken down the small barrier between it and the rice. It was trickling over the top already and it wouldnt take much now to wash the track away and then the pond would just about empty into Jai's ricefields.
I strim around one row of 10 trees until I run out of petrol whilst Jai transplants a couple of small banana trees.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb