Prodigious fires !!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
March 9th 2015
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

Into Phon Thong this morning o do some banking business. At least I don't have to use the bank to pay for my Bangkok flights now as I am sure that would have been fun ?!
I buy a couple of new door bolts and a screwdriver to fit them with and do the job as soon as we get back to the house. Most of the tools here are rubbish and this is the third or fourth screwdriver I have bought in the last couple of years - don't even use one very much !
Jai is making another new cake today and although I believe it is orange - flavour not colour ! - I am not allowed in the kitchen until it s finished.
John pops in after lunch to borrow a book and leaves with a chunk of the new cake, before I have had the chance to try it !
Out to the farm as usual late afternoon and start up another couple of fires. We had intended taking the one slowly and doing it a bit at a time but the weather took over. All of a sudden the wind picked up to gale force, the fire started to spread and we had to retreat from the flames and leave it to its own devices. Thunder was all around us and then a few flashes of lightning. Fortunately the fire didn't spread into the fields and at least it got the job largely done quickly.
Back to house with thunder and lightning still around but not even one single drop of much needed rain arrived.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.585s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb