Promised chores come to the fore


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
January 7th 2015
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

Into Phon Thong for the internet and type up my research notes as they stand. Plenty of work still to be done but I would really like to have it all finished and handed over during my time in England shortly.
Early in the afternoon I decide that it is a good time to start to tackle some of thew odd jobs I have been promising to do for a while now. I go to see George and borrow his step ladder then change a couple of light bulbs in the lounge they have been out since we got back here in September !! The extra high ceilings are great for helping to keep things cool in the hot season but they do have the downside of making the ceiling hard to reach - I don't like heights on a ladder.
Next job is to change a tap on some water pipes ear the front of the house. This has been deliberately out of use for a couple of years as the neighbours seemed to use it more than us. Now we have the wall and flowers around the front garden I feel it is time to bring it back into use. I take off the old tap and check that there is water still coming through before I shut off the water and start work. Quick visit to the village shop for the tap and a 12m length of hosepipe to make watering easier. Most water fittings here either stick or screw together and it is an easy job. Within 10mins we have water again.
Next we bike out to the farm to start up some big fires to clear everything that has been cleared this last month. It is a little windy but not so bad as it has been so we should be alright. I am always a bit nervous of starting big fires at the farm in the dry season but Jai doesn't seem bothered so ... We soon have a couple of areas ablaze standing around patrolling the edges of the fire to make sure it doesn't spread too much. No problems at all today and we soon have a large area all around the pond cleared for access so we call it a day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 27; dbt: 0.023s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb