Another wedding


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
December 29th 2014
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

It is cold again this morning but thankfully no wind. I bike into Phon Thong for ma couple of hours internet research. Rugby isn't available yet which i probably just as well.
Get back to Khamnadie just as George arrives to say that they wont be going to the wedding this afternoon as Wan isn't feeling good.
We leave on the bike about 14:30 for the 20km ride to the village of Ban Kut Sa on the Roi Et side of Phon Thong. The traffic is particularly heavy with more and more people coming home for the new year's holiday.
We stay at Terry & Pim's for a couple of hours, have some food, a beer, and wish good luck to their son for the ceremony tomorrow morning. Sister Carol phones whilst we are here to tell me that she has managed to get me a new hospital appointment for the day after I get back. It is at Ross On Wye not Gloucester but Mike will take me. Good news all round. We leave just as it is starting to get dark but as usual around here it gets dark very quickly. We have to stop at Phon Thong and change our helmets. Mine doesn't have a visor and I wear sunglasses to keep flies etc out of my eyes but the are not too good in the dark ! I swap for Jai's which has a clear plastic visor which I don't really like but it is better to be able to see where we are going !
Get back to the house just in time for Jai's son to call and say that they will be leaving Bangkok in the early hours of tomorrow morning and should be here late afternoon tomorrow traffic permitting.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0686s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb