Time to start cutting the rice


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
November 22nd 2014
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

We need to go into Phon Thong extra early this morning so Jai gets back and is ready to go to the farm. Before we leave Khamnadie we stop to see Pad and discover that some people who were coming to help at the farm today wont be free until tomorrow so it will just be the 3 of them with one extra.
Into Phon Thong and amongst our usual stuff buy a lot of fish and extra vegetables so that Jai can cater for those working for her. Back to Khamnadie well loaded up.
A quick change then I take Jai out to the farm where Pad, Ram and Joy can just about be seen out in the paddies.
I leave them to it and restrict myself to an hour in the back garden before sitting down with a book.
No mains water again today. We have no real rain since September and the village reservoir is looking ominously low already.
Lazy afternoon as well until about 15:00 when I phone mum then bike to the farm. I spend an hour wandering around whilst they finish off for the day. It appears to me that they have got quite a lot done ... but still plenty left to do.
Back to the house, shower and change, then go to the village market before eating.
Pad calls in for the tent so that he has somewhere to sleep tonight without being bitten by mosquitoes.
22:00 I have Stoke 1v2 Burnley on Thai TV.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0616s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb