Selling some veggies


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
December 18th 2013
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

Our cabbages have just about taken over the one half of the garden and there are obviously far too many for us to eat. I have finally persuaded Jai to go and sell some. She doesnt like selling stuff because she gets a hard time from some people who thinks because she has a farang she is very rich and should be giving the stuff away. I point out that we work to produce the veggies etc when most people here are too lazy to bother so they are paying for our labour ... Anyway, she is out cutting off some cabbage whilst I sit drinking my after breakfast cuppa, then she takes a few bunches of cabbage off and comes back empty handed having sold the lot only about 5mins later. I think this could catch on ...
I bike into Phon Thong well wrapped up.
We have finally nbhad some rice processed next door so after lunch we bike to Pak Chong and sell 30kg to John.
On our way back we stop at friend Lawan's house to invite her and some others to a Christmas party on 25th. We leave with quite a collection of bags of cake and bread flour and a large bag of baking powder. Lawan used to make donuts but doesnt anymore.
Go to the farm late afternoon but didnt take any trees with us today.
Get back to the house to find that our gas cylinder was empty. n I leave in search of a replacement but come back empty handed. The people here are unable top plan for anything. If they can see the gas getting low why dont they reorder ? Instrad they wait for the last one to be sold then when the first unlucky customer arrives then they think about ordering some more. We are promised gas tomorrow but will wait and see. Anyway, out with the BBQ burner for dinner tonight.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.688s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0882s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb