Recycling at last


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
December 8th 2013
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

Up early and pottering in the garden before 07:00.
For the first time since we got back here at the beginning of September I manage to stop the nrecycling lady when she is passing he house. We have quite a pile of stuff for her. I still cant quite get used to the idea that people come around and buy your rubbish from you but ... We offload sacks of plastic and bottles and a bit of metal and she gives us 85Bht. Doesnt sound much but considering the daily wage is 300Bht if you're lucky it is actually a lot. For 85Bht you can buy 1/2 kilo of meat, vegetables and have enough to feed a family of four nicely. Most people are still too lazy to collect their bottles etc however and just throw them on the floor wherever they may be. Jai's mum collects bottles when she is pottering around the village brings them back to the house and keeps them in sacks. For the little bit she had accumulated she got 34Bht, good enough for a couple of games of cards !!
George comes to collect me at 10:30 and we bike over to John's at Pak Chong. The first time in over a month we have had a quorum of three for our discussions. Conversation today is mainly about John's house which is going up in front of us - slowly - as we chat.
Out to the farm for a couple of hours late afternoon. By the time we get back to the house the water pressure has dropped and although I can just about water the garden I am afraid it is cold showers tonight.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0676s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb