Motorbike back on the road


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
September 9th 2013
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

Jai's nephew Gaek(?) arrives about 7am to retrieve his motorbike so I'm not sure whats happening there as a couple of nights back I thought we were borrowing it for a while. He was supposedto be driving us into Phon Thongthis morning with our bike in the back of his pick up but no mention is made of that so ... ?
As the morning ticks by I start to give up hope of Gaek returning andthen suddenly he appears and starts loading the bike into the pick up. Pretty soon we are unloading it at the Honda dealers in Phon Thong. I am amazed to discover that after my brief visit here with the bike just before we left for England someone actually ordered the part I was needing, a fuel pump, and they still have it in stock for me. Instead of having to wait 10 days we wait for about 30 mins and along with an oil change, new battery, and a quick service I am mobile again. We sent Gaek home and stayed in Phon Thong to do a bit of shopping to fill up empty cupboards before biking back to the village.
Just after we got back to the house Septic Sam pulled up opposite and we grab him to come and empty our full tanks and that was another job out of the way.
Jai is keen to get back to work with her grassand mat making and is soon out cutting the extra long grass that has grown in the garden in our absence. Her mum has cut it and dried it a couple of times but it has regrown again since.
Did a little work in the back garden mid-afternoon then took a beer to George's and brought back a few more books.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0948s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb