Mats, farm and Buddha


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
February 15th 2013
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

A really good session at the farm this morning and my target for tonioght is in sight.
I leave Jai at ther house dying some grass yellow.
We both go to the farm in the afternoon where I complete my weekly target and we have another couple of big fires to burn off the cut bamboo and to slowly start killing the stumps and hopefully the roots. John turns up again for a bit more bamboo and brings the Hobbit with him for a visit. He tells us that he is looking for 9 big trees for a house that he wants to build so Jai may have another sale on her hands. I tell him that he is welcome to as much bamboo as he wants but that the trees are business ...
There is a 3-day Buddhist 'thing' in progress in the village at the moment. I have no idea what it is all about but that is nothing new. After we have eaten this evening Jai goes off with sister Begat and sister in law Dom (the sloth) to see a dozen monks doing something. As you might have guessed these things laregly pass me by these days. There always seems to be something happening to help relieve these people of their hard earned cash and I never see what the monks do with the money afterwards. To make things worse they try to shame people into giving more. They keep a record of donations and then make announcements over the village PA system telling how much everyone has given !!



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0708s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb