All is safely gathered in ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
November 21st 2012
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

They are supposed to be coming to the farm early afternoon to thresh our rice but Jai is still off to the farm first thing after breakfast to start preparing food for them all to eat. Another duck bites the dust. Instead of worrying about orang utans perhaps someone should spend some timethinking about all of these poor ducks that are bred in captivity just to feed us !!!
Our neighbour Deu, who operates the thresher gives meashout just after midday andI follow the truck out to the farm. He arrives on time asagreed but Jai & Co arent ready forhim for some reason and there is no-one there todo the work so Deu takes his truck off to another farm and I return to the house. Bike back an hour or so later and am just in time for Deu's second coming and the threshing to begin. It doesnt take so long this year and we end up with 43 1/2 30kg sacks of sticky rice. The boiling rice is still in the fields and will stay there for alittle longer yet as it is not quite ready. When, if, it does ripen off it will be threshed by hand and should yield another few sacks.
I have to confess that I took no part in the procedure at all this year resting up for our trip next week. My knee is feeling much better but I didnt want to chance things.
I head back to the house and open up the ricehouse in preparation for its imminent arrival by pick-up.
Its nice to say, particularly for Jai who has been working hard every day, that the rice is finished with now for another year.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0169s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb