Paperwork issues


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
November 22nd 2012
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

Up at 05:30 this morning to a PA announcement that Jai has to go back to the village office with all of her farm paperwork in regard to claims for compensation over the poor rice yields this year. It is already busy when we get there. People not knowning what they are doing, people who havent even got papers in respect of 'their' land, people who cant read or write - it is absolute chaos !!! We finish about 6:30 and I think that this is behind us as well but no, Jai hasto go back again at 8am and then go with a large group of people into Phon Thong to the area land office for more paperwork with more people who dont really know what they are doing. And so it goes on ... is it really worth it ?
Have also just found out that because peoplehere dont have any money at the moment, even though there seems to be more pick-up trucks appearing by the day, there are notmany kidsgoing on to High School in Phon Thong when they finish the village school. This means that the school bus that we used tocatch whenever we were going somewhere no longer runs andwe will have to get a car to take us into town for our bus tomorrow morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb