More farm visits


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
September 23rd 2012
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

As I open the front doors this morning I spot Fin visiting the Doctors opposite. Turns out that she has spots all over her back but the Doc thinks they are just a heat rash.
I sit out the front of the house drinking my breakfast cuppa when the dogs all along the road start barking and howling as a rather large elephant comes wandering by - as they do.
Bike out to the farm and cut some more cocnut leaves as Jai has decided that it is time to colour her hair this morning so is off to her sister Bepats house to pick some leaves of the 'colour your hair' tree. Thick green gunge caked all aover your head is not a flattering look !
Early afternoon Jai's mat loom arrives and, whilst acknowledging my feeble DIY skills, it looks like Stan & Ollie have had a go at this as well. Still, Jai is pleased with it. She now needs some fat pieces of bamboo to set it up so, with a black and threatening sky looming overhead, we bike out to the farm again. Jai saws up some bamboo whilst I cut down some more coconut leaves then the rain comes. We shelter at the farm until it looks as though it has stopped then make a break for it. We dont get very far before it returns with a vengeance and we get soaked. At least it is good for the rice I tell myself !!
After eating tonight go for a long walk out of the village into relatively dog free country - carrying a bog stick !

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb