New tyre day


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
September 24th 2012
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3833, 103.933

First job this morning is a visit to the village garage to get a new front tyre put on the bike. The one that is on there is nearly as bald as I am at the moment and with the roads like they are I dont want to tempt a puncture any longer.
Into Phon Thong on my own then, as every Monday, for a long internet sesion. Whilst in town and having a phone signal I call Phil and Sangwan, who we know from Gloucester but who are back in LOS at the moment. They are planning on coming to visit us on Wednesday or Thursday. As per usual us chaps cant agree anything as we dont have the delegated authority so I tell Phil that Jai will phone Sangwan this evening and sort things out. Bit of shopping, buy some petrol then back to the village where Jai is mat making already. I go and sit out the front of the house where the morning shade is and read for a bit when I spot Septic Sam passing. Sam drives the truck that empties our septic tanks - hence the nickname. Have been looking for him for the last week or so and he stops to suck us dry. Our eletric bill arrives at the same time and it looks as though we will be paying every month now. We have only used 85 units which would previously have been free but today we have been billed about 6GBP. Off on the school run again this afternoon with the devil child from next door to collect and at the last minute a request to pick up Jai's grand daughter as well.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb