Wat a day


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
October 18th 2009
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 18.4972, 98.3711

Having had one lazy day at the hotel, we had to do some serious sightseeing. There are lots of Wats or temples in Chiang Mai. After looking round the first we were waylaid by a taxi driver who offered to drive us round to the important ones for a good price. We were very pleased to do this as Chiang Mai is quite a large place and it was too hot to walk miles around. We saw the 5 best ones each different but containing lots of Buddhas. Karan (probably not how to spell his name) waited while we had a beer half way round and later took us to a shop (in order to get his petrol;coupon for taking us there). Must confess it was a lovely shop and we bought a jade elephant. We were impressed by his sevices so booked him for the next day to go to the Elephant Farm. First we watched the show and fed the very clever elephants with bananas and bamboo. I tried to give mine one banana at a time but he wasnt having any and grabbed the lot! Next we went on a ride on the elephant through the lovely countryside and villages.At the ned of the ride we transferred to an ox cart to get back to the farm.. The tour included lunch which was a buffet of rice, noodles, and various chicken and pork dishes which I thought were very tasty but Stefan wasnt so keen. After lunch we hopped on a bamboo raft and were taken down river by 2 chaps poling us. Must say it is not an experience I would repeat as it was rather slow and boring after a while. Karan then took us back home via another shop but this time we didnt buy. He still got his coupon so that was OK. In the evening we ate in the Italian restaurant in the hotel and had some lovely melon, parma ham, and seafood marinara and risotto. Stefan is very fussy about his risottos and never finds a good one but this time he did. Another late night in the bar after.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.462s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb