Day 5 and 6 on the bikes


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
January 24th 2011
Published: January 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 5 greeted us with sunny skies and a nice ride out of the beach. The day was hilly and windy but i felt stronger than i ever have on the bike. Cruising at around 28kms per hour and taking the hills on one at a time!

They say that at some point on the ride everyone hits their potential, yesterday was my day! Some good tunes in my ears, some fantastic riding partners.... special mentions go to Jason for some great conversing which made the water stops come up quicker.... Amy, who struggled through some of the steeper ones with me! Go Aims!

My roomie, a cop from Kings Cross is powering along and we are enjoying early nights together as we both seem to fall asleep at dinner!

Mitch is now known as Ghandi and we have a fine master in place. To day we have raised about 5000 baht for the kids.

Last night we were taken to a home for boys, where they cooked for us and performed for us... Again i got very emotional and it confirmed why we are doing what we are doing.

Peter has announced a new big project, and i am so excited to be a part of his vision! Absolutely inspiring man..

Today saw us finish 127km, we all got up this morning and were greeted with torrential down pour, you could feel the mood in the riders fall as we ventured out on our bikes. It was cold and wet and beofre long the group split... It stayed like this for about 60km then the rain eased off and sun came belting down on us again! We went through some road works that had all turned to mud so we pedalled through 20kms in mud.. Leg 3 of today saw me get in and draft behind a car to catch up to the front pack, we were riding at around 34kms an hour until i dropped back to about 28.. Great feeling being with the strong lads and feeding off their determination.

We were all a sight for sore eyes today when we finallly completed our longest day of the ride.

Special mentions to Kelsey, Zack, Jaydon our youngest riders... Sandra who completed the whole day and all the LJ Hooker riders who are doing our company proud.

Apologies for not blogging yesterday we were in the deep south and internet was 100kms away and i wasnt too keen on getting back on the bike.

Thanks again to everyone who has been sending text messages they are amazing to recieve when i get in after a big day.

We only have a day and a half left on the bikes and it is a bitter sweet feeling. I couldn't imagine this trip being as great as it has been without the very inspirational group of people who have shared the journey. So here is to 27 new friends for life and the last couple of days feeling as good as the last 6.

Love to all and remember the children who we are doing this for and who a lot of you have sponsored!

xx

Advertisement



25th January 2011

almost there now!
Hey Bec. So great to read your blogs and hear your amazing stories. You are such a champion, I can't believe its almost over for you....can you even remember when you thought you couldn't do it? Now look at you!!! We're with you all the way honey, keep on pedalling! Enjoy your last few days with your bike and your new friends. Love you Joey xx

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb