Chumphon -- some little surprises along the road


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand
April 8th 2018
Published: April 8th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We began to slowly head up North to Bangkok.

i tried to divide my return trip in smaller chunks to appreciate it a bit more.

Watching Thailand's map, to go from Khao Sok or Khao Lak to Bangkok, would require 3 steps to make the trip not too hard.

It would then be; Khao Sok - Chumphon - Pranburi, (i liked that place) - Bangkok.

Chumphon. This is a region that is never mentioned anywhere, but usually is a pit stop along the road.

Using hotel booking website, found a very nice hotel in that region according to reviews, and price was really good. It was Villa Varich.

Without a GPS you wouldn't find that place!!!

You leave the main road, and very rapidly, the road signs don't have english anymore!!!

But that place, is really great!!

It's owned by a young couple, doing all they can to make you feel at home. They can give you advises on things to do around, organize tours, rent bikes or jeeps, etc...

They have very nice landscaping all around; the rooms are spacious and comfortable; it's close to a river. Breakfasts serve tasty and original food!!

In immediate region you can visit a viewpoint and shrine in main city, overlooking the sea.

Close enough is Mu Ko national park. You need to arrive early enough, because some activities were not available after 4pm.

The owners of villa Varich, work very hard in this region, to attract more tourists, and I think they do a very good job!



When we left the hotel, I found a very beautiful temple along the highway, about 30 minutes North, (I can't find it on Google maps!!).

In a pure architectural aspect, I like the shapes and the colors used. It was the kind I was looking for to take a picture.

i would have loved to stay longer in the region to explore a bit more, but maybe another time!!



Next stop: Kuiburi National Park


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb