Day 53 Thailand, Koh Tao to Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
December 15th 2014
Published: December 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi Followers,



Today we are leaving Koh Tao and heading back to Bangkok. The easiest way (and cheapest way) is for us to get a ferry to Chumphon and then a train to Bangkok.



We woke up and headed up to the hostels reception for some breakfast, we forgot to buy supplies to cook ourselves but it was still good and cheap!! We wanted a last swim in the pool before checking out at 1100. Annoyingly the weather was getting loads better the day we were leaving (Typical). Our hostel offered free drop off at the pier which was good and we also had another traveller from our hostel going on the same route as us which is always nice.



We got there (late like normal for this hostel) and did a quick shop for the trip. We had to register our tickets that we had already bought, strange I know but that’s Thailand for you.



So the weather seemed to be getting better however this was not the case once on the ferry!!! As we set off I was listening to music and napping, as I woke I looked at Vick and she was white as a ghost so I asked if she was ok….her answer was a massive spew into a plastic bag!!! (guess the answer was not good). I was ok until the girl behind me also spewed, then the smell drifted both ways from Vick and this girl and boom I spewed good and proper!!! Red curry is so much better going in than out!!! (It was the first time I had it as well).



After a rough trip we finally made it to Chumphon, we found our coach on the other side and then headed to the train station. We had about 4 hours to kill before the train departed, so we headed into the town to get some food (I was totally empty inside). We were told about a Korean BBQ place, which was 89 baht (£1.80), and all you could eat. After a hike we found it and it was amazing. Vick was still not feeling it so just the German guy (from hostel) and I ate. It was a BBQ but with boiling water in the edges (see the photos). After salad and ice cream we headed back very happy!!! On the way back Vick fancied some food so got some garlic bread from 7 eleven and a coconut, the woman was struggling to open the coconut so I stepped up and using the massive meat cleaver opened it and managed to not lose a finger!!!



We got back to the train station, had a read and chill out before the train arrived. Once it did we quickly got on and as we were both shattered got straight into our bunks and that was it for the day!!



Thanks everyone for reading!!





Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb