Day 52 Thailand, Koh Tao


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
December 14th 2014
Published: December 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi!!



Woke up surrounded by our mosquito net in our spacious apartment (with a balcony), definitely one of the best rooms we have had so far on our trip. The only downside is, the rest of civilisation on the island is only accessible by a minimum of 10 minute car/bike ride. The low down of the good, and to be improved points of the resort is now on trip advisor if anyone is interested.



The weather is pretty bad on the east side of the island, so we caught the 8.30am shuttle into town in the hope of better weather and potentially a snorkelling trip over to Koh Nang Yuan. But the weather was still cloudy and rainy on the west coast so instead we got breakfast and then treated ourselves to our first Thai massage (this trip....Neil has had one before when he came to Thailand with the lads, but we won't talk about that! >:-



We had lunch in a nice cheap restaurant (Neil chose it as the boxing was on) afterwards before heading to the beach because by this point the sun had come out. Instead of catching a boat taxi over to Koh Nang Yuan we stayed on the beach. We both got a bit of snorkelling in (Neil saw more than me, which he was pleased about). We caught the shuttle bus back to the hostel at 4pm, although it was late again by about 30 minutes, so while waiting I ate mango and sticky rice and neil had Pad Thai. The driver of the normal shuttle bus was ill so one of the other workers turned up on his moped with his brother on his, this was our taxi back!!! All I can say is the guy driving me will have my nail marks in his shoulders for a long time!! It is the craziest ride I have ever been on, at one point Neil's moped stopped on the hill (his buddha belly is too heavy) and so did my one, however Neil jumped off and pushed us to get us going again. He however had his driver drive into a bush then ride over his foot while getting him out!!! Worst moped ride EVER!!!



When we got back to the hostel we went straight to the infinity pool, the waves were still lapping over a bit, great fun. We showered, and had a chill out watching a documentary previously downloaded on the 'Terracotta Army'. We drank beer and rum/coke in the room, and had a little dance in the room to some music-as you do. We headed down to the resort restaurant about 8pm, where we immediately started playing monopoly deal with a couple from Quebec. We chatted, played cards, drank rum, ate food until late before heading to bed.



Good night



V&N xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.283s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 71; dbt: 0.119s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb