Ko Tao


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
March 7th 2012
Published: March 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Ko Tao via boat and jumped in a truck the 10mins or so to Sairee the main beach in Ko Tao. We had booked in a hotel for one night just to find our feet. The hotel was a cheapie and not where we thought, the cheapskates like ourselves obviously get put in the 'mountain view' rooms which are more inland and the mountain view consists of some locals playing cards and chickens running around. We didnt mind, threw our things in and went on the search for a place for the rest of the week. We found a small guesthouse for 500baht with fridge, TV, shower, internet and fan. This was 5mins from the beach through the 'yellow brick road' which is a small road running parallel to the beach with everything you need whilst in Tao.

After paying for the new guesthouse it was nearly 6pm so we grabbed some beer and went to the beach. Ro got a couple of small Chang and I found the bargain of the century. Massive cheap beers I had never heard of for 35baht. We got to the beach and watched the sun go down which was pretty impressive sight. My massive cheap beers turned out to be massive cheap wine haha and they didnt go down as well. Rosara said it didnt taste that bad but it tasted of feet. I dont know whos feet she has been tasting...

We spent 5 nights in Tao and mainly had beach days followed by incredibly cheap nice food. The Thais like their spices aswell which meant we had numb lips after some meals. One night we also found all you can eat pizza which was seen as a challenge. We ended up going through 26slices between us and almost every slice was a different variety! They bring you one slice at a time but you are never waiting more than a couple of minutes for your next one. The restaurant was called 'Simple Life' and the pizza was on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays if anybody fancies the challenge.
On the beachfront at night they also have a couple of bars where you can sit on the sand with a beer and watch firedancers and people playing music etc. All in all Tao was quite a laidback place and everybody getting on the diving boats in the day made the beaches quite empty apart from all the stray dogs enjoying the sunshine too.

We planned a trip to a small island of Tao which was meant to have a really good beach but unfortunately it rainded for a couple of days which meant we got to catch up on the Russian presidency election on the TV. It was on 24hours a day and we still dont know who won. Just that they had webcams covering every voting station...

We left Tao on the Wednesday morning on another boat which was jam packed to Koh Phangan for the full moon party...


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0829s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb