Koh Phangan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
March 10th 2012
Published: March 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at the pier in Koh Phangan and had a look for the pickup arranged. There were trucks for all the resorts except for Bounty! Unless we looked in the wrong place. We decided to skip the taxi trucks right by the pier and head for the 7/11 which I thought our lift might be waiting. Wrong again and we walked back to the taxis. We seriously have done more distance by foot than by air­. By this time everbody had jumped in shared trucks in order to make it cheaper and ours wanted 300baht unless we waited for more passengers. We decided to wait because were cheapskates and finally 20mins later a couple of Swede girls got in. They had tried to get a boat to Samui to find the wrong date was on the ticket, so they had to travel all the way back to the shop, to get the date changed, to go back to the pier to get a later ferry. We didnt feel as bad now and set off to Bounty. We arrived and for £15 it was splashing out by our means but was worth the money. We had a pool and our own bungalow with good view of the sea. We were quite high up but a trip down some dodgy steps down a cliff took us to a private beach. The beach was OK but when I climbed some rocks I seen another beach that looked amazing so we decided we would go there tomorrow.

We ate that night at a place next door which was again as on our trip, incredibly cheap and nice food too. I got a deal for 100baht (£2) of any 2dishes plus rice so I went for the green curry and chicken with cashew nuts. Rosara got a deal for 80baht (£1.60) of a pineapple shake which gave her mouth an orgasm, garlic bread and Pad Thai which was becoming her new favourite. Pad Thai is noodles cooked with Egg and Shrimp but every place we go seems to make it slightly different.

The next day the beach we seen from 1000m looked just as good from 1m and we spent all day here, had breakfast on the seafront and relaxed because it was full moon party later that night. Our hotel was doing lifts to the party because we were about 30mins away in order to get away from it when we wanted. When we went to reception to wait for the lift there were only 5 or 6 people so we thought it would be a gentle ride down but come 9pm when the shout went around that the trucks were here, millions of people came from nowhere and meant Rosara was on my knee and 20people were squeezed in a 6seater! We got talking to a Canadian lad whos mate was in the truck behind us, within 10mins his truck had overtaken us and dissapeared. We arrived in Haad Rin which was a different world, buckets of vodka and rum were everywhere and illuminous yellow, green and pink were the official uniform. We told the Canandian if he didnt find his mate he could just get smashed with us but within 5mins we found him and got our first buckets. 300baht (£6) for half a litre of vodka, a can of sprite and a can of redbull. It went down a treat and I didnt think it was that strong... but I can only remember an hour more of drinking and dancing before I woke up back at Bounty ha ha.

Rosara said we got home about 5am and slept on the floor of reception for an hour until we could get our key. I couldnt understand how I was so hungover from just one bucket but then she informed me I was buying 3 at a time after that 😊 I dont remember much but there is a feeling inside of me telling me that the full moon party is the best party in the world!

The next day was total non existent and I slept through it all, no food or drink entered my body and on the Saturday I was feeling much better. We had to arrange transport to Krabi and we were worried that with everyone leaving Phangan around this date that the ferries might be boked, the first place went told us everywhere was full but then the woman at our hotel arranged the boat and bus to Krabi for 500baht which was cheaper than anywhere. We met our Canadian mates again who were also leaving and travelled to the pier with them. Their night at FMP sounded exactly like ours and we agreed we would be back. We went our sperate ways at the pier and next stop was to be Krabi.


Additional photos below
Photos: 56, Displayed: 25


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb