Arrived at Koh Tao


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
December 14th 2010
Published: December 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Caught the overnight coach to the port on the south side of Thailand (8 hours). From there is was a two/three hour wait for the light to come up so we could jump on the boat to Koh Tao. It was by far worth the wait...this island is beautiful, so picturesque. Our first day consisted of...snorkling, amazing food for dinner, and rather overdue piss up. More to follow...I am off to enjoy more of this idyllic place.

Now that i can draq myself away from the beach I can write a little more. We've been seduced by one of the restaurants who now have our business every night... a Barbecue without fail. Suffering yet again from bed bugs but trying to not let that affect this place. Tom and I have managed to find a gym to keep us ticking over, not bad quality either. Mark has even joined us on the odd occassion, but Hugh is proving to be more difficult to persuade.

We had our first taste of rain since leaving London, and even whilst raining this place keeps its charm. We had a took a break from going to Lotus to have a beer and watch the fire dancers (health and safety would have a field day) and instead watched a movie and went to visit High Bar - up to the north of the island, in a hill - again amazing location you can see over one of the bays as you relax in a hammock...bliss!

In other news Mark had his Coy tattoo done on his lower calf...sick tat! Been thinking about mine for a while now, so i visited Tom's artist, Zoko. Words cant describe this man's talent...thinking of a Tahi moon, sea, stars and small fish or bird. The only thing left to decide is the positioning - bicep or arm....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0774s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb