Day Ten - Ko Tao


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
August 4th 2010
Published: August 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day Ten - Ko Tao



Its my BIRTHDAY!!! Woke up to find no sign of Mat? Looked at the mobile to see what the time was and there was a text msg that read look under your pillow!......under my pillow was a postcard from mat with a clue to another place where i found my first prezzie and then another postcard with a clue to my 2nd prezzie!! Lucky Girl!!

We headed down for breakfast then decided that we would just take it easy all day - we got some comfy sun-loungers on the beach and literally didn't move apart from to go snorkelling - the beach has some amazing corals and loads of fish! We booked a taxi into the main town Sairee Village for 7pm but in the resort bar its happy hour from 6-7 so we were well on our way before we even got to the town!! We wanted some nice food and found a gorgeous restaurant called Movina (or something similar) anyway they sold wine!! WINE!!! and it was nice wine!! (your prob thinking why am i getting so excited about wine....but in Thailand they have to import it so its expensive and not many places even have it!!) I ordered handmade chicken kievs with sweet potato wedges!! omg it was delicious!! Mat had a huge pie and chips which he ate in approx 10 secs flat! After our food we wandered around the shops for a bit then found an Australian lively bar called choppers! Two guys were singing with guitars and they were pretty good! I started talking to an Irish girl in the loos and she was really nice she said she was out with a big group of people as it was her friends birthday....i mentioned that it was also my birthday (um...have i mentioned that yet!!!??) and she said come and join us! Anyway cut a long story short we spent the rest of the night drinking copious amounts of alcohol out of buckets (2-4-1 apparently!) with an awesome bunch of people and we obviously got very drunk & had a fantastic night!

What a great Birthday!!

xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb