Boys.....Girls.....Whatever....


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
September 11th 2006
Published: September 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ralph and his "special" friendRalph and his "special" friendRalph and his "special" friend

can you spot the look of terror on Ralphs face.....
Having read up on the must do list for Chaweng Beach (our second stop on Samui) I (Jo) found an entry entitled "Lady Boy Cabaret" and decided that as it was free and not a sight we usually see at home so something that we must experience. Ralph was naturally a little scared but could see my determination and agreed to go and have a look. Now I am not a person who usually gets scared of things at the last minute but when we saw the Ladies in question touting for people to come to the show my nerve left me.....but by this stage Ralph wanted to know what it was all about so onward we went.

When we entered the establish "free" we were asked kindly to purchase a drink (Ralph informs me that this is usual in strip joints.....how he knows this is yet to be uncovered!). All the waitresses were in fact waiters and althought you could tell this for most of them there were a couple of very scary exceptions. One of these exceptions sat down beside us and volunteered to have her picture taken with each of us......Ralph was not amused by me accepting
Real men don't wear dresses...Real men don't wear dresses...Real men don't wear dresses...

don't try this a home......
this offer. In hindsight he was probably right as she/he then sat with us for about 5 minutes and started to sing along with a song. Can't remember which one but if you can imagine the song "who let the dog out" she sang the first part in a very girly voice but when it came to the "who who who" part she/he sounded like a larger lout at a football match...all very disturbing! Thankfully she left us after that and the relief in both of us was immense (although secretly we were hoping to get the immortal phrase of "love you long time" - we'll have to wait for that one).

The show its self was very entertaining and consisted of several women/men dancing in costumes around the stage........you can look at the pictures to get a better idea.....I'll leave Ralph to give you his thoughts. (Ralph: "it's not right and it is definitely not natural. And I don't agree with that liberal stuff either about expressing yourself. I'm now staying very close to Jo until we leave this town")

Chaweng Beach itself is lovely. The water is so warm.....warmer than the caribbean....its like having a bath
Tropical Lady....Tropical Lady....Tropical Lady....

Imagine this coming at you down a dark alley ....
and is equally clear. The only problem with the picture is the touts and although our hotel has a section off area that they can't go into they still seem to think that if they hover on the boundary line you will change your mind.....god loves a trier. There are loads of German tourists here (Ralph feels quite at home) and while the towel fight for beach side chairs is not the usual "towels at dawn" scenario it is still there but more like "towels by 10am"....which I can handle.

Anyway that should give you all a glimpse of what we have been up to. It honestly feels like weeks since we left but we are naturally missing you all. Please do email us with the latest of what you have been getting up to and keep your comments coming!!

Love
Ralph and Jo
xxx

Advertisement



11th September 2006

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
This is a classic. Ralph - knowing you as I do, I am laughing hysterically at the thought of you spending time with a ladyboy! Definitely widening those horizons, I have to say... It's 30 degrees in London today, so at least I don't have to be jealous of the sunshine. But still. Stuck in the office. Grrrr.

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb