Ever ridden an elephant????


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
September 13th 2006
Published: September 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

monkey businessmonkey businessmonkey business

Jo thought this caption should include a reference to "twisting Ralph's (coco)nuts off the pole", but such smutty language will be banned from our blog. Cute Monkey though?!
After nearly 2 weeks of constant sunshine we will be saying goodbye to Ko Samui tomorrow and heading up to Bangkok to join our 2 week tour of northern Thailand and Laos. Tired of the beach, we decided to cough up the cash and go on an organised tour (or as its more commonly known a "fleecing"). Alledgedly, we were in for a fun filled day that included a nature walk, a lesson in Thai cooking, elephant treking and moneky training (not Ralph but real monkies!!). In reality, genuine highlights included a very scared Ralph (and myself) on top of a huge elephant (with equally huge turds, although Ralph thought that the elephant was cute.....personally the word smelly would be my choice), and a very cute monkey. The nature walk consisted of a 1 minute walk from the car park to the elephant trek and the cooking lesson was a random guide telling us how to make a curry........i think the brochure may have over sold the tour a little bit......bloody salespeople!!!

After all the exercise we arrived home to a torrential rain (I know that will be some consolation to most of you) and were forced to stay indoors
Big Elephant (big dung heap)Big Elephant (big dung heap)Big Elephant (big dung heap)

I know it's obvious, but this animal is large, along with everthing else to do with it. She's called Hanni and was very docile.
for a few hours. Fortunately everyone else was in the same boat and a few of us struck up a conversation on the balcony with the help of our mini bar of beer. Anyway this lead to more drinks the following night and so on. The rain itself seems to happen once a day and is very intense but is dried up almost as soon as it stops and the temperature still doesn't get below about 25C.

Anyway enough about the weather.......we have no other real news for you so we will let you go. Just to say we are having some trouble with the messages that you guys are sending to the blog....some technical hitches....so if you could email us at our yahoo addresses it will be much easier for us. As a reminder Ralphs address is ralphblunden@yahoo.co.uk and mine is jo_heaslip@yahoo.com.

Talk to you all soon!!

Love,
Ralph & Jo.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Jungle trekking (hardcore)Jungle trekking (hardcore)
Jungle trekking (hardcore)

Oh yes, really rockin' now. OK, you can probably see the fear in our eyes (fear seems to be a daily emotion so far for various reasons). The concern came from the downhill track on the back of a moving animal (that seat looks much safer than it was!)
2 natural beauties2 natural beauties
2 natural beauties

What more could a young(ish) man want but his lovely wife and a beautiful scene (that's why we took the shot from this angle - to avoid the brown mudpool at the bottom and the other 30 tourists behind us).


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb