Haad Rin and Full Moon Party!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
April 15th 2011
Published: November 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We took a taxi to Haad Rin at about 10 in the morning. We arrived at Suncliff where we had a room waiting, 600 bath for a room for three persons. We hurried to the pool, which has the most amazing view over the cliffs and the sea.

We spend all day there and walked a little around in the city to have a look, everyone was selling full moon gear. We talked to a couple of Danish police officers who stayed at our hotel and met them after dinner too, at Same Same bar which is owned by two Danish girls.

We drank buckets but Frank felt sick and had to go home. Stefanie and I went to the beach which was already super crowded, there were fireshows and different parties everywhere. The next morning we woke up early because of the heat so I went outside to sleep in the hammock which was a bit more comfortable.

We had a really hungover day, we stayed at the pool all day and in the evening we went back to Same Same. We had a steak and POTATOES, I cant believe you can actually miss that. We started longing for Danish BBQ's in the garden - things you only appreciate when you miss them..

In the evening around 9 we went to see thai boxing in Thongsala. It was some of the best fights I have seen, there was a really crazy Canadian guy in one of the fights and another one who was practically flying around - maybe it was all for show but at least it was entertaining.

The next morning we got up at 8 to go by taxi to Thongsala. We had booked a trip to Angton Marine Park. In Thongsala we had a 'light breakfast' which was - nothing, a banana and a couple of crackers, so we had to leave pretty hungry, after a loooong wait. We started out snorkling, and saw a lot of beautiful fish in many colours, it was really amazing. After that we sailed around some small rocks/islands that looked like a monkey, lion etc.

After that we hiked up some steep stairs to a viewpoint over a stunning lagoon. The water had the most amazing colour. For lunch there was a buffet included which was really good, a lot of thai food and we managed to sleep for about half an hour after. Then we went kayaking between some cliffs and it was really beautiful as well. There were small caves and deserted beaches everywhere.

Back in Haad Rin we decided to go to the night market again for dinner, and we spend all evening eating thai food. We went to some of the shops in the area to buy gifts. We ended the evening in Haad Rin, drinking a couple of beers and watching jackass.

The next morning our room didnt get as hot as the other days, so we slept until 11 and went for 'breakfast' in the city. We bought some full moon shirts so we were ready for the big party! And so we wouldnt get neon paint on our real clothes.

After this we spend all day at the pool again, since someone had told us the beach wasn't good (I have found out later that the beach is very good!). In the evening we went to the party at Same Same with some of the other Danes from the hotel, where there were a buffet. The electricity didn't work when we arrived, but luckily the kitchen was gas and not electric so we ate around 7:30.

The buffet was really good, with a lot of Danish food. People had dressed up really crazy, it was a lot of fun to just sit there and look at people. The friends of the police men was wearing coloured wigs and a winnie the pooh bag, one of them had lived in my hometown and attended a badminton college there - the world is quite small afterall.

We met Laura and Maria who we had also partied with in Cambodia and Stefanies friends were there too. We also met some of my friends, Michael and Casper from home. At the beach we talked to the guides from the trip the day before and ended up spending all full moon with them till the sun came up.

The next morning I decided to sleep in the hammock again and afterwards we spent all day by the pool, the other Danes were probably too sick since I didn't see any of them until 6 in the evening.

We had our dinner at a small local restaurant and afterwards we watched movies all night, and drank a couple of beers (becoming a bad habbit). The next day we had to leave Koh Phangang.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb