BKK + Haad Mae Haad beach at Koh Phangan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
April 10th 2011
Published: November 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We woke up at 7 to take a taxi to the airport, our flight was an hour delayed so we arrived at 11:45 in BKK. When we landed Frank - Stefanies boyfriend who came to visit from Denmark - had already been waiting for 7 hours, poor guy.

We took a taxi to Kao Sahn Road again, from the taxi we saw some red-shirts that were protesting a lot at that time. When we got to Kao Sahn we booked tickets for Koh Phangan and left our bags at the office. We had some good thai food for lunch and the best orange juice in the world (again).

We had a footmassage, went to an internet café and just walked around the streets. After we had dinner it started pooring down really bad, but we had to go to the bus so we had an easy escape from the reain.

We waited two hours by the fairy when we arrived in the early morning at the port. We arrived at 11 on Koh Phangan and took a taxi to Haad Mae Haad Beach, by Koh Ma on the north side of the island. Our beach was really nice, deserted and beautiful. We only payed 800 bath for two bungalows. The water was very clear and all the snorkling boats stopped outside Koh Ma so we figured there would be something to see.

We spent the day realxing and playing cards. At dinner we went to a small local restaurant nearby and after dinner we stayed for a couple of beers, but they closed a bit early since there weren't any people.

The next morning we had breakfast at the hotel and afterwards we had to find an ATM which involved a long hike in the burning sun over a lot of hills. We decided to take a taxi back. We went to the internet cafe and made sure to book a hotel for fullmoon at Haad Rin beach which we figured would be impossible to find otherwise.

Afterwards we went snorkling and saw a lot of beautiufl fish, I found a banana peel someone had left and started feeding the fish and they started swimming up to my face and picking my fingers. Frank accidentally stepped on a sea urchin so I called up my father to make sure it wasn't dangerous, and luckily it wasn't - he told us we could try to take some of the spikes out if possible but usually they eventually come out on their own. After this we relaxed on the beach and had some thai food for dinner.

The next morning we got up at 6:30 and had breakfast and after that we rented a couple of bikes for 150 bath per bike. We drove up to some really amazing waterfalls where we could swim. After that we went to ride on elephants, and saw a really beautiful view over Koh Samui.

We drove to Thongsala to have lunch. We could watch people celebrating Songkran/Thai new year out on the street, they have a big water fight and an old lady was throwing ice on everyone who drove by. It was one big party and everyone was having a good time - throwing water and coloured powder on everything that moves.

We went to a beach a little further down and Stefanie and I had a little nap in the sun. After this we drove to the beach next to the one we stayed at, Haad Salad. It was really beautiful and it was the first time we found some deeper water to swim in.

Afterwards we took a shower and then we went to the night market in Thongsala. We had some really nice food for bo money! When we left we found a small market/tivoli kind of place and walked around a bit there. When we drove back, we saw an accident, probably drunk tourists driving - bottles everywhere and a really bad looking scooter.

When we came back we talked to a Canadian couple and the woman had us write in Danish on her lantern which she send into the sky. I found out that I was sharing my room with a cockroach that proved impossible to kill - it would be there for days and no matter how hard we tried it just would not leave or die.

I was the only one up the next morning so I decided to wash some close and pack my backpack a little better. Frank slept for along time so Stefanie and I went for some breakfast and then went to the pool by Utopia on the top of the hill by our bungalows, we could stay there all day if we just had lunch there. I tried drying my book that had gotten very wet during songkran the day before.

I went back to go on the internet and then we had some dinner at the hotel. Frank tried batteling the cockroach again but no luck.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb