Hua Hin to Prachup Khiri Khan - 120kms


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand
January 20th 2011
Published: January 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well hello legs...

Today was always going to be tough. The day saw us travel through some quaint little towns, catch a ride on a boat, and get through the first hills.

Toughest part of today was a 23km stretch on the highway with trucks and cars passing us at around 140km per hour! And for those of you who have been to Thailand you know that the Thai's don't particularly pay attention to the road rules!

I had my first crash today... and yes Brook it was when i had pulled up and forgot to unclip... However, SAndra another girl on the ride had 2 about 20mins so it's not full Carnage for me.. 😊

A milestone day for a lot of us who had not ridden 100km in one day, so at the top of the hill we all celebrated with a big bottle of water and the announcement that we still had 20kms to go.

I have found riding in groups helps, as we are drafting a little, but the conversation is what makes the water stops come up a little quicker.

I can safely say that this is a mental challenge just as much as it is a physical challenge, doing 120kms today was the most amazing feeling. My bike is great, i love him.... i have named him the delorium and he doesn't let me down.

Tonight we are staying at a little hotel looking over the ocean, where mountains pop up out of the ocean, i expect the sunrise will be amazing.

Lots of stories to tell the long ride today... the heat is getting worse as we head south and the days are getting harder as the legs get more tired.

Think of the kids!

We have 2 of the older orphanes on the ride.. Once is a lady boy - Jenny - she has her mirror out at every water stop, and as soon as it comes out all the girls run because we sure as hell don't want to see how horrible we are looking.

I hope everyone is well at home.

I'm off to have dinner, a massage and plan to be in bed by 8pm.

Until tomorrow!

Bec

Advertisement



20th January 2011

Well done
Classic, good to see your still ok. Love the blogs, jeep up the good work! Leber fever!

Tot: 0.265s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb