One night in Bangkok ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 24th 2013
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 13.7308, 100.521

... and the world's your oyster - or so they say.
We arrive at KHorat for our midpoint 20 minute toilet and food stop at 24:20. As usual the 20mins becomes 40mins waiting for people to eat and get back. I'd just leave them there but ...
We arrive Mo Chit, Bangkok, about 4:40 and have taxied to New Siam ! Guest House by 5:00. A coffee from 7/11 keeps us awake until the guest house restaurant opens at 6:00. Whilst we are eating breakfast they bring us our room key.
Having eaten, we take a shower and stretch out on the bed for a while. Watch a crappy movie which at least was in English for a change.
We picked upm a few rain showers on our drive south and it rained all of nthe time we were in the taxi in Bangkok and by the time we were going out for lunch it was cloudy, dark and very windy and then started spitting again. We go to our usual noodle shop as creatures of habit then stop at 7/11 for some snacks for the room and a phone card on the way back.
Stop at reception and book a room for the night of our return here next Friday.
Mid afternoon I go out for a walk and am pleased to find that the weather has cleared up. There is a big political rallyn taking place in Sanam Luang, just up the road from us, and many of the surrounding streets are closed off. There are thousands of people milling around and it is bedlam and not a pleasant place to be walking at all. It all seems good natured at the moment but if things did kick off I dont really want to be caught up in it so I return by a circular route to the guest house.
We go down to eat after I have checked in with mum.
Set the alarm for 03:00 and I am sttling down to try and get some sleep by 19:00.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb