A sleep at last


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
September 23rd 2011
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 13.7308, 100.521

Wake up about 09:30 after a great nights sleep and almost feel human again. Enjoy a good breakfast and then we start all over again with a taxi ride out to the bus station at Mo Chit to buy tickets for tonights overnight bus. When we get back to the guest house we eat some Laos food at a street stall and I amazed by how much my taste buds have changed over the last six months as the chilli sets my mouth on fire and then numb. Back to the room for another sleep all afternoon. Go out in the evening and change some money at a reasonable 48.86, well alright, awful , exchange rate then get something to eat before returning to the guest house to check-out at 18:00. We sit waiting at the guest house for a while as it far more comfortable than the bus station. Flag down a taxi and load up before he changes his mind and tells us that he wont take us on the meter because because of the heavy traffic but will take us for a fixed price of about 3x as much as usual. There is some sort of divine retribution at play here because as started to drive away an old lady with a small handcart scratched all along the side of his car as he tried to squeeze past her down the narrow alley. Sitting down at reception again with a smile on my face we flag down the next taxi that comes along. He doesnt want to drive to the bus station at all and neither do the next two. I am just beginning to think that we are going to have to pay way over the odds when we strike lucky and we are on our way. Just to cheer us up a bit the heavens have opened and the rain is driving down in stair rods and pretty soon the road looks more like a river.
We arrive at the bus station and swim into the building where the handle on one of our small bags break - deep joy. We find our bus and board to find the most comfy seats I have ever had when travelling on any form of transport. We are in the downstairs section of the bus which only seats 12 and with plenty of room all around. There are some buttons down the front of the arm of my seat which I guess are for the recliner but when I press one the seat starts to massage across my shoulders. I soon discover that the other buttons start massages at lower back, bum, and legs. With the recliner discover and a foot rest pulled out I am set for another good nights sleep as we head out into the traffic and start to leave Bangkok behind.

Advertisement



1st October 2011

Good exchange rate and good bus, lucky you !

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb