Wired and Tired, But Let the Fun Begin


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 15th 2016
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Laid Back Water Taxi AdventuresLaid Back Water Taxi AdventuresLaid Back Water Taxi Adventures

Exploring by water taxi is an ideal way to get introduced to a city as large as Bangkok, as it requires little more than hoping on and knowing where to get off. The rest of the time is totally relaxed.
Stan and I were the first to arrive in Bangkok, along with one of our three checked bags. Upon arrival we discovered that Ramblin Rose, my little travel guitar who had not - to my dismay - been allowed to stay by my side, was not even on the same plane! She would, we were told, be coming in on the next flight. Needless to say, this was a tad bit disconcerting, but the next flight was only an hour away, so not so bad. It was right about then that we came to realize that Stan's bag had not arrived with us either, but would be coming on yet another separate flight, another hour later. Ultimately all bags arrived, adding another two hours to our travel time, which, combined with the additional three hours spent this year in the Calgary terminal, made this 35 hour transit the longest we have yet undertaken. And to think I chose this year as the one where I would pull an all nighter no sleep to kick it off. Oops!

All I can say, when one sleep and two days later we were functioning normally, is that those No Jet Lag pills really
Poolside Garden Poolside Garden Poolside Garden

We have found this to be a perfect place to recover from jet lag . And from where to enjoy a great breakfast brunch every day. Definitely helpful in jet lag recovery, readjusting the body clock.
really work. We pounded back double dosages the whole trip, and definitely plan to do that again on the way back. They are amazing. After three such journeys,this one being the most gruelling, I am a true believer.

Warm sunshine and poolside recovery time, and we were in great shape to welcome my niece Janelle and her husband Jamie a day and a half later. Given all the travelling we have done over the years, this one slight shipping adjustment of our luggage is hardly an issue. No complaints.

Our time in Bangkok was a perfect start to the adventure, as always. Great food, music, company, and this year, we enjoyed the beautiful riverside view from Janelle and Jamie's 6th floor hotel balcony, where we watched the party boats sail by at night, lit up and beautiful. We don't indulge ourselves with this luxury, as our funds need to last longer. But it was a beautiful indulgence, nonetheless. Thanks J & J.

Now we are off to Northern Thailand, to spend a few days exploring the hills around Pai, a quaint, very beautiful community full of artists, music, and great restaurants that we visited once ten years
Beautiful Party BoatBeautiful Party BoatBeautiful Party Boat

Enjoying the view from above.
ago, on our first trip to Asia. Looking forward to getting on a bike again!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



26th January 2016

Oh ya... I could relax there.

Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0711s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb