Khao san road


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
June 27th 2013
Published: June 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Still a bit of jet lag lingering - awake from 2am till 7am then slept for a couple of hours.



Been out this am to khao San road this morning, which was mental. Math was harassed but tuk tuk drivers who all thought he was Irish but it's mostly friendly and not threatening.



Tried 3 main local beers now in total but drinking is hard work in the heat so I think I might try stick to the coffee shakes. Weather is very hot and very sweaty, the city is mostly smoggy, we're starting to read guide books now to find out where to go... north to cooler rural or south to hot beaches and islands...and where might come after that? Visa is for 30 days before we need to do with visa run or leave.



We have booked in for 2nd night here for now for simplicity.



After yet another rest in the room we head out first for a drink; refreshing mojito for me, beer for math. Then dinner at our local, the street vendor for pad thai and vw bar. exhaustion hits us again and were back to the room.

Some observations -

wildlife - dawn birds heard not seen, cats, dogs, one rat (which was worryingly tame), fish in many bars along with a few geckos.



human behaviour - travellers who have the savvy look rather the 'just stepped off the plane' look tend to be tanned, tattooed and wearing arm jewellery. I'm already caught up with the latter in purchasing 5 bands for b100 and i'll work on the first one. tattooing not for me.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb