Day 23 - The grand palace


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
August 10th 2012
Published: August 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

So after checking out of our hostel the D&D inn we managed to book our bus trip down to the islands without any trouble. the wait however was long so we left our bags and heade over to the palace to take in some history. The palace walk itself was fine maybe 10mins from the hostel and once there we saw alot of gold and alot of overly sized towers which probbably could have been better put to use but I guess the royals will always be the royals right?
the museum in the palace was very confusing as it held items such as paint brushes and pencils I'm pretty sure these items arnt that old and the blocks of wood lying around on display were exactly that, blocks of wood. we had a walk aback after some cracking hagen daaz milkshakes and waited around for the bus. On the bus we played some cards with the girls and then just slept. The bus stop itself was also probably the worst place ive been to in terms of toilets and dirt. the food didnt look too good either so I never ate but nobody who ate got sick so maybe i was wrong.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb