Day 24 - Birthday treats


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
August 11th 2012
Published: August 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

After waking up at 3:15am at the bay we had a further 3 hour wait for the boat to take us to the island. sitting on tyres (used) I managed to get a little sleep but not much before the sunrise awoke us and the usual barrage of guides and locals appeared. to this I walked off and took some sunrise snaps. The ferry was awful also packed on a tiny boat like sardines with only the outside to sit and the morning sun litterary beating down on us we got trampled on by people walking past and burnt and very grumpy!
all the taxis on the island are hi luxs which i thought was cool as it was perfect for the terrain and you could chill in the back. The hostel was cool a nice little room 2 showers and 2 toilets air con and a little bar no complaints there. at 41 degrees it was hot! we had a nap and met up with the girls after booking our flights to KL via air asia.

Many cocktails were drunk that night as it was Buggs birthday there was some fire rope jumping, juggling and spinning sticks which did result in a tiny burn but nothing serious thankgod. It was fun afterwards a good ol dance was needed. The night ended meeting up with some cool people and then going to see a cracking view from a mountain side. there was also a slight accident on a scooter but I wasnt on it so all is good in that dept!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb