Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 13th 2011
Published: April 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We left PhiPhi about 12:30pm on the 1st March and arrived in Bangkok at 7am the next day. As per usual, we had to walk around for ages, half asleep trying to get a room (remind me why we don’t book in advance again?!). We stayed at Lucky Guesthouse which was okay – although Hayley got bedbug bites from here.

We stayed 4 nights in Bangkok but didn’t actually do a lot. We went to the Siam shopping malls which are really big with lots of western shops – this excited Hayley. We also went to Pantip Plaza, which is a massive IT mall and brought a netbook – this exited me.

We did a lot of walking up and down Khao San Road buying new clothes. We bumped into some people from Langkawi and spent a few nights with them.

The only real bit of sightseeing we did was to see a big Buddha (it was big) and a black Buddha (it was black), it was a Buddhist holiday whilst we were there so the big Buddha site was busy with people making offerings to the gods.

We gave into temptation and had a McDonalds – this was a disappointment. From Bangkok, we decided to do the 12 hour overnight bus journey to Chaing Mai, North Thailand.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb