Koh Phi-Phi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
April 13th 2011
Published: April 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We left for Koh Phi-Phi on the 27th Feb, the journey was just a few hours on a ferry and was relatively painless. We got a bungalow at PhiPhi Hill Resort, Haad Yao Beach it was quite expensive but really nice. We had to walk up 86 steps everytime we went from the beach to our room which was pretty tiring in the heat.

We only stayed in Phi-Phi 2 nights as we'd already done the tour (mentioned previously in my Koh Lanta blog), this was the only disappointment as we'd both much rather have done the tour here rather than from Koh Lanta, it is also a lot cheaper to do the tours from Koh Phi-Phi.

We decided just to relax and not do any sightseeing. We spent a day on the beach snorkelling – you see a lot of different fish and coral here which are very close to the shore.

We also had an attempt at sea kayaking, initially we thought we were excellent and managed to get quite far around the island and then we realised the tide was taking us. It was a big slog to get back!!

We had been warned not to stay in the main town area as its really busy, but we kind of regretted not staying there as we had to get a taxi boat into town every night to go out. On our final night in Phi-Phi we drank far too much Chang and free shots so we were hungover for the mammoth journey to Bangkok!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb