Chang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
April 13th 2011
Published: April 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The journey to Chaing Mai was another overnight job, we set off on the 6th March and arrived the next day around 7am. Unfortunately, we didn’t get much sleep as the people sitting behind us had hooked up and decided to have sex which meant they kept kneeing us in the back!!

We stayed at Namkhong Guesthouse which was about 10 minutes out of town. We did a bit of sightseeing and went to see various temples. We hired a motorbike and went to a temple outside of town called Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep. It was amazing temple on a hill outside of the main city.

I did a spot of downhill cycling for a day whilst I was there and Hayley did a Thai cookery course. The cycling was really good but very difficult, it involved a full day off road cycle route around the surrounding countryside before ending at a lake where we ate and swam.

Hayley really enjoyed the Thai cookery course, she made a Penang Curry, Pad Thai, Spring Rolls and mango with sticky rice.

Whilst in Chang Mai we met some friends from Langkawi, after having a meal and drinks with them we decided to do a tour with them the next day which involved riding an elephant (amazing experience), swim in a waterfall and bamboo rafting down a river.

After 4 nights we moved onto Pai, a chilled out town in the north.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb