Bangkok - Day2


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 17th 2011
Published: January 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Last Night was spent at a seafood market.... Possibly the best seafood i have ever had. You start by going shopping with your host and choosing your catch, vegies and Fruit, then it's back to your table and telling your host how you would like it cooked... . BEAUTIFUL...

Spent the day again with Tony & Pat who are slowly starting to sound like each other, same mannerism etc... Very Very entertaining.

My roomie came in last night while i was asleep, she is about 24 and she is a cop in Kings Cross, she hasn't done much bike time and i think she is relying on her youth and the fact her 60 year old father finished the ride last year... she is a very brave girl as she did not bring her seat with her.....

We visited the Grand Palace today, and for those who know me or have traveled with me in the past you will know that my patience level is very low for these places.
I had to hire traditional Thai clothes and found my way weaving through tourists in 35 degree heat and about 70 percent humidity...

The group is meeting for the first time in about 2 hours, we will be briefed, given our riding jerseys, hand in our seats, peddles etc and off to dinner for the first time.

The nerves have kicked in again a little, so i am off for a massage to calm me down.

So tomorrow is the beginning of the Long and Winding Road.... Until then..

Saa Wa Dee Kha!




Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Pink TaxisPink Taxis
Pink Taxis

Welcome to the land of Bec x


17th January 2011

Good Luck!!!!
Yo Becsta, Good luck love. Chin up and enjoy the ride. You'll do great. Have fun and look forward to hearing all about your adventure. Lots of Love. Leber Clan
17th January 2011
P1000208

Yum!!
So jealous Bec!!
17th January 2011
P1000208

Yum!!
So jealous Bec!!
17th January 2011

good luck!!
Loving all the updates so far and you've not even started riding yet!! Good luck babe, so proud of you. Joey xxx and Extra Big kisses from Freya.
17th January 2011

Go Bec!!
We are thinking of you Bec, know you will have a fantastic time and looking forward to keeping up to date via your blog. Good luck and have fun!! The Smiths :o)
19th January 2011

More Please!
You must be so tired of an evening but would love to hear how you went on day 1 of the ride xxx

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb