Bangkok - Day 1


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 16th 2011
Published: January 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The GaylordsThe GaylordsThe Gaylords

Tony & Pat
Day 1 Bangkok -

Spent the day with "The Gaylords", well that is what they are calling each other. Two very funny guys from Perth who have kept me largely entertained all day.

We decided to buy a sky rail pass and see what we could find in this huge city. The boys have done a fair bit of traveling together and refer to themselves as the "Where the F*$k are we" Tribe... Meaning they tend to get lost a little... And they made me an honorary member today...

As we set off with no destination in mind, we found ourselves in downtown Bangers enjoying the sights, sounds and smells that only Asia has to offer...

After little bit of shopping and a whole lot of walking, we decided that maybe we should rest our legs and save them for the next 10 days, so it was back to the hotel for massages.

Mitch & Zack the last of our Western Australian contingency arrived today and i ran into them in Lobby, So for all of you back in WA following the blog they are here safe and sound.

I am sharing a room with another girl, although i don't her name, her arrival time or where she is from, i have gone up and checked the room a few times but she has still not arrived. Let's hope she is a bit of fun and doesn't mind a beer at the end of what i am on assuming will be very tough days.

We are all starting to get excited about the ride and a lot of our nerves are fading as we realise we are all in the same boat, second guessing how much work we have done and what lies ahead of us.

Will put some photo's up of the Bangers and "The Where the F*$k are they Tribe".

Until next time.

Be Brilliant!

Much Love and thanks again to everyone for the support!

Bec xx



Advertisement



16th January 2011

Hi
All the best Bek..looking forward to following your journey over the next few days..Stay safe..Sharon xx
17th January 2011

Good luck!
Hey Bec! All the best for the big ride!

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb