Day 21 - Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 13th 2010
Published: January 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 20, Tuesday Jan 12, Part 2 and Day 21 Wednesday Jan 13...

After a long lunch at the Banana Fan Sea Resort, we went to visit the hotel we stayed in back in 2005. That time the hotel was called Central Samui Resort (I think). It is now called Grand Centera Samui Resort. The resort is beautiful. It brought back lots of memory for me. Since we were full from our lunch at Banana Fan Sea Resort, we decided not to have a drink at the hotel. Instead I got a thai oil massage on the beach while Ken went for walk.

Around 3:30 pm, our taxi picked us at the beach and dropled us off at the airport to catch a flight to Bangkok. The Samui airport is one of the nicest airports we have ever been to. It is like a little resort all its own with beautifal lush gardens, a little vendor village, and a hut-like waiting area. It reminded us of some of the smaller Hawiian airports we had been to.

We are now the Bangkok. We are staying at the Millennium Hilton. It's our third time staying here and we loved this hotel. We used our hilton mileage and then upgraded to an executive suite which means we can access the executive lounge on the 31st floor which overlooks Bangkok and the Chao Praya river - the main river in Bangkok. They serve breakfast, soft drinks all day, tea hour at 3 pm and cocktail hour at 6:00 as well as free internet access and more. Definitely a good deal. Love it...

Today, after breakfast at the hotel, we went to the Marble Temple here in Bangkok, then to the MBK mall which is one of the biggest malls in Asia. They have everything. What ever you need they have it... I even got a facial and message while ken explored the area.

Here are some pictures from late afternoon yesterday and today...



Additional photos below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



15th January 2010

Wow! What a nice place. Cheers guys!

Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb