Back in Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
February 21st 2008
Published: May 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It was kind of nice arriving back in Bangkok as we already knew how to use the public transport system and were familiar with prices and the tourist sites. This time we stayed on Th Rambutri which is near the backpacker Mecca Khao San Road.

On the first night we ran into Michael (from Vang Vieng) and spent the night at a random bar on Khao San Road. We finally retired to our hotels at about 3 in the morning after arranging to meet the following morning at the reasonable hour of 11am.

We ended up grabbing a quick late breakfast on Th Rambutri and then set off for MBK. We spent the next 8 hours exploring the various levels and finally, after the boys heads were about to explode from shopping overload, set off to Patpong Night Market.

This time at Patpong we managed to work up enough courage to set foot in one of the many strip joints. We sat down and watched a ‘dart show’ - think ping pong, but with a dart and shooting at (and hitting) balloons. We even managed to escape the strip club before we were forced to buy an overpriced drink.

The following morning Scott and I set off to Khao San road to spend our remaining baht, but only bought a few small things as we had no room left in our packs. Following a quick lunch we argued with a taxi driver (the same old meter argument) and finally climbed in and set off back to the airport. We both really enjoyed our trip through South East Asia and had the chance to see some amazing things. What a great few months!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb