Just Another Day in Taiwan


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Taipei
June 1st 2012
Published: June 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Thursday was the first full day of sightseeing I did. We started at the Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall. Chiang was the leader of the Nationalist during the Chinese Civil War. The Nationalists lost to the Communists and Chiang had to flee to Taiwan where he later became president.

Then we went to find some food and waited for it to stop raining. When it did we headed to a park to walk around a while.

After that we went to the Sun Yat Seng Memorial Hall. He was the founder of Taiwan or as Andy put it, he was their George Washington only more Chinese-y. While there we got to see the changing of the guard and then a dancing waters show.

Then we headed to Taipei 101, which is the second tallest building in the world. Inside is a mall and you can also buy tickets and go to the top to look around. Andy and I wanted to but the waiting line was really long so we decided to skip it.

We went back to the neighborhood of our hostel and got some Pizza Hut for supper. We would have had the perfect amount with our large if they didn't have a special buy 1 get 1 free. So we obviously had to get the free one too. It worked out fine though because there were leftovers for breakfast and supper than.

After relaxing for a little while we went to the night market to look around a little. It was pretty cool, but I think I would hae enjoyed it better if I hadn't been so tired.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb