We're Not in Chian Anymore


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Taipei
May 30th 2012
Published: May 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday morning Andy and I went to find breakfast and ended up choosing McDonalds. They're everywhere! It was raining so I got to break out my raincoat and umbrella.

We walked around the city a little until around 11. Then we went back to our hostel to pack. We rode the train to the airport and got our plane tickets. After getting something quick to eat we went to our gate right as it was boarding.

It was a quick two hour flight to Taiwan. There was some turbulence that was not very fun. Every once in a while our plane would plummet for a second or two before correcting itself.

When we got to Taiwan we rode a bus into the city and then rode the train until we were close to our hostel. We walked to the hostel and finally got to put our heavy luggage down. In our hostel we met someone from Hungary and someone from Georgia.

Andy and I went out to get supper which was an adventure in itself. We wandered around looking what different places had trying to figure out what to get. We stopped in a 7-11 to get drinks before finding our food. Andy also found some candy that was Sports flavor, so obviously he needed to get it! Andy finally found what he wanted to eat, but I wanted rice so we had to go find somewhere that had it. At first we had a misinterpretation and ended up getting what we dubbed Mystery Soup. So Andy and someone working there both pulled out there smart phones to try to communicate. Finally I got my rice and we headed back to the hostel to eat.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb