Goodbye Taiwan!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
June 3rd 2012
Published: June 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Okay I need to bring you up to speed with what's happened the last few days.

Friday we went to the zoo! I think my favorite animals to see were the giant pandas and the red pandas.

Saturday we did more sightseeing. We went to a museum where all the relics from Beijing were put after Chiang Kai-Shek stole them and fled to Taiwan. Unfortunately we couldn't take pictures in there, but it was really interesting. Andy and I laughed at a sculpture we saw because it looked kind of like Joe.

Another place we went to was a Confucious Memorial. We also went to a Martyr memorial where we saw the changing of the guard again. Sadly, it closed shortly after we got there so we didn't get to see much.

While we were walking around, trying to find where we were trying to go, two groups of people came up to us and wanted to get pictures with us. We assumed it was some sort of school project, but it was kind of weird.

We also went up to a really fancy hotel that we could have stayed in, but it was 12.5 times more expensive than the hostel we stayed at. It would have been pretty cool to stay there at least one night though.

Sunday was pretty much traveling. We flew out of Taipei and landed on an island. There we went to a knife factory to get Andy's friend Mike a big, fancy knife. Then we took the ferry over to China.

We are in a town called Xiamen where we are going to be for a few days. Andy already has stuff planned for us to do and he told me he figured we'd go to the beach one day, so I'.m really looking forward to that day. It will be a nice day to relax and not have to walk around a lot.

I am now sitting in our room in the hostel waiting for when we go get food.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb