SG50 Weekend: Gardens By the Bay (Jun 2015)


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
June 13th 2015
Published: June 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 13th June 2015

As part of the SG50 celebrations, my folks at home were given complimentary tickets while I was entitled to a 50%!d(MISSING)iscount off the admission fees to the Gardens By the Bay. This was an impromptu weekend outing as my folks have up till 31st August to utilised their free entries.

Having only been to the outer rims of the gardens in the past, I was delighted to be able to make full use of my discounted entry into the 2 domes this morning.

Upon arrival at the Cloud Forest enclosure, we were greeted with much excitement by the 7 storeys high waterfall. This was one big green wall project that required plenty of efforts and costly regime to maintain in a controlled environment. Walking through the mist-covered forest canopy at the upper levels were as though we were going through a cluster of clouds.

Over at the Flower Dome, the massive display of desert species and colourful flowering shrubs across 3 different zones were a nice sight to behold.

At the end of our visit, we were happy to achieve the daily 10,000 steps requirement as we left the 2 enclosures feeling really impressed. I could see that my folks thoroughly enjoyed the outing even though they were somewhat feeling cold towards the end of our visit.

Thank you SG50 Seniors for the complimentary / discounted passes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb