SG50 Weekend: Singapore Zoo (Jul 2015)


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Singapore Zoo
July 11th 2015
Published: July 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 13th July 2015

We were supposed to utilise daddy's and mummy's complimentary admission to the Singapore Zoo as part of their Senior Citizen's Package. In the end, I managed to obtain the corporate pass from the company where I worked with for our free admission to the Singapore Zoo (UP: $32 per person). The entire journey was relatively fuss free. After our mee siam breakfast at AMK, we were soon on our way to the zoo via bus 138 from AMK Bus Interchange. The whole commute took about 30 minutes as the bus was travelling in good speed.

We arrived at the zoo at 11 plus in the morning. A short walk from the gantries was the Frozen Tundra where Inuka, the last survivor of the polar bear family greeted us. He had the huge pool to himself. I was told that polar bears are solitary animals but I couldn't help but felt sad for Inuka as I watched him swimming alone in the vast enclosure. Poor boy, he must be missing for his parents.

For the rest of our visit, we depended very much on the tram to get around as mum had some difficulties walking long distances. We had a chance to visit the four koalas from Australia. They were the newest addition to the Singapore Zoo family. Before our visit, we had already braced ourselves in anticipation of seeing sleeping koalas in front of us. So we were not too disappointed afterall. There were other animals that we visited too - from the tall giraffes to the sea lions and the mighty lions.

All in all, the weather was fine for a good outing at the zoo today. I enjoyed my every visit as there were always new surprises that greeted us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0876s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb