Day 8 - Gardens by the Bay, Singapore to Melbourne via Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
October 19th 2013
Published: July 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We woke up later today, at around 9:30am. So we showered and packed our stuff before making our way to Gareth's room to leave our bags, he leaves tomorrow.
We proceeded to the lobby before jumping on the train to Marina Bay for the Gardens by the Bay. When we got there we decided that we didn't need to go in to the park so we took some photos from the outside and we were satisfied with that. We made our way across the footbridge through the Marina Bay Sands Hotel and into the shops. We had some lunch, went outside and there was thunder and lightening everywhere. So we jumped back on the train bound for Douby Ghaut Station. We tried to find a place to get a pedicure and a massage but they were all booked so we went back to the hotel and sat by the pool for a while. The storm had passed and the sun was out occasionally. At about 3:30pm we decided to go have showers and get ready to leave.
Gareth was still at the zoo but we had his card so used his room. We left the hotel about 4:20pm for the airport. The cab was so cheap. Only $17 all up. We dropped our bags off as we'd already checked in and search the duty free shops although we really had nothing left to buy. Then it was time to go through security. We boarded, again stopped off in Kuala Lumpur for about 2hours, boarded again, received our amazing in-flight lasagna and approximately 8.5hrs later we landed in Melbourne. Home sweet home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0623s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb