Is that a boat on that roof?


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
June 13th 2010
Published: June 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Managed to drag ourselves out of bed by 11.30 and me and Robby took the MRT into the city. Which is pretty cheap at just over 1 S$. As were trying to keep to our budget we are trying to get by as cheap as possible so spent the afternoon wandering around the city taking pictures of the skyscrapers, raffles hotel, the quays and a huge boat that joined the tops of 3 skyscrapers.

The city here is immaculate, there is no rubbish anywhere. Sadly its also pretty expensive but during one of our attemps to cross a road we realised the underpass was actually more an underground shopping mall where we discovered a bookshop full of crazy asian readers ravaging the 90% off clearence sale. Robby found a copy of The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford which he'd had his eye out for a while. Only S$6 Bargain!

There is absoloutely loads of malls here, pretty much every set of stairs, every road and every underpass leads you to one. We both thought that its appearance reminded us of perth (apart from odd boat building that is)

After having a good explore and narrowly avoiding a rain shower we got the MRT back and Rob rang his Mum who he missed yesterday when he rang. After that we ate at the cheap street stall again and Rob had fish and sweet and Sour Pork and I again braved the veg but this time felt slightly jealous of Robbys meal.

Now it seems a night in with glossy mags and books is on the cards!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb